Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Murphy Air - Cleared for Take-off!

Murphys don't just drink beer, some of us make the stuff too!

After a nice chat with my doctor about the worst-case scenario with my ears (blocked with fluid for five weeks), I have been given the go-ahead to fly to London, England and start my little walking tour of Ireland.

The excitement of my researching, planning and packing the past month has been tempered by the fact that I might have to cancel the trip (and then use the money for real bills). My ears are still not happy, and they will cause me some grief, but I'll be in Ireland, a place rife with Murphys.

I'm off Thursday nite. Hope to update this blog 5-6 times over the next few weeks. I'm taking a digital camera and will be taking lots of photos. I am going to try and have at least one Irish-brewed beer everyday.

Cheers! Bruce

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got the go-ahead. I look forward to reading about your adventures (with great envy).

jcb

Bruce Duffy said...

Hola:
Best of news, eh! Looking forward to your report of Cinderella. Remember, once you sit down, and open your backpack, demerit points for everytime you have to get up.

Adios

THE Sungod

Anonymous said...

If there's a Murphy's to be had, surely you can find a Duffy's, or is that just Duff as in Simpsons?
ND

Anonymous said...

Have a wee nip for me Bruce every time you stop at a pub. Happy travels and I look forward to reading your blog entries.